“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
It’s technically impossible to remove every last bit of mold from your home or commercial building. That’s because microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, floating in the air and lurking on surfaces, both indoors and outdoors. Here at SERVPRO of West Hartford, our mold experts understand the challenges posed by a mold infestation, and understanding mold is the key to fighting mold. We know the best techniques to address the problem, and we have the most sophisticated technology and products. Call SERVPRO today to assess your situation, and we’ll develop a plan to remediate—not remove—the mold in your West Hartford building.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (860) 206-6141
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (860) 206-6141
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Hartford is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2190 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve West Hartford, CT, and surrounding areas.